Saturday, September 11, 2010

Cheapest SportDOG FieldTrainer 400



Over All Rating Reviews :
The product works as advertised. After a few weeks of careful use, Maizy learned that coming was no longer 'optional'. It has greatly increased our ability to control her outside, so that she can now spend more time out with us off-lead. Both owner and dog are happier with this. At this point, we still have her wear the collar when she is going to be out for an extended time, but corrections are rarely required any more.

The product has held up well after two months of regular use.
- Battery life is fine. At least 12 hours of use per charge. Might last longer, but I've never let it go that long.
- Range is at least 100 yards. I have not tried it past that.
- Waterproof the few times she has gone swimming with it. I usually take it off before she swims.
- I wish they packed a second collar with it in a different color.

This is a professional quality product. I've not used any of the less expensive ones out there, but I feel like I got the quality I was looking for.

Some tips for use:
- Make sure the collar is snug. If you don't have it snug, you won't get any shock, or worse, it will work intermittently which is confusing for both you and the dog.
- Follow the directions for getting the dog used to the collar. We had her use it for a week before I even turned it on.
- I've found that Maizy would ignore nicks (very brief shocks) up to level 4, but even a half-second continuous shock at level 3 always gets her attention. Now that she is trained with it, even a nick is enough of a reminder to get her to respond.

Update 1 year later: We are still really happy with this collar. It's held up really well. Battery life is great.
Get more detail about SportDOG FieldTrainer 400.


Price comparison shopping



0 comments:

Post a Comment


Twitter Facebook Flickr RSS



Français Deutsch Italiano Português
Español 日本語 한국의 中国简体。







Sponsor Links